Ready for a unique dining experience?
Plan Ahead for a Wonderful Time at The Cook house!
Our Reservations & Cancellations Policies
Please read our reservation policies below & call 719-486-8114 to make your reservation.
• A reservation is required for all Cookhouse dinners and lunches, and Sleep Yurt rentals.
• RESERVATIONS REQUIRE A CREDIT CARD AND DIRECT CONFIRMATION OF YOUR RESERVATION by a Tennessee Pass staff member. Your credit card is not charged until your visit with us, or in the unlikely event of an unresolved cancellation issue.
• YOU CANNOT MAKE A RESERVATION by leaving a phone or an email message for us- even if you are returning a call about a potential reservation. Please be sure to speak directly with our staff to confirm all reservations.
• Entree selections for Cookhouse dinners must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your reservation date.
• Cookhouse dinner reservations require cancellation by phone at least 72 hours prior to your reservation date.
• Sleep Yurt reservations require cancellation by phone within the following times:
Sleep Yurt reservations for Monday-Thursday: 5 days prior notice
Sleep Yurt reservations for Friday-Sunday: 7 days prior notice
• Sleep Yurt or Cookhouse cancellations made outside cancellation windows may be subject to a 100% charge of reservation.
Check-in & Arrival
• Cookhouse dinner guests meet at the Nordic Center before 5:30 pm.
• Cookhouse lunch guests should plan on arriving at the Nordic Center at least 30 minutes before their seating time.
• Sleep Yurt check-in is best taken care of between 2:00 & 3:00 pm, especially if you are planning on dinner at the Cookhouse that same evening.
PLEASE CALL 719-486-1750 if you cannot arrive at the Nordic Center by 3:00 p.m. for your Sleep Yurt check-in, as special staffing arrangements will need to be made.
Thank you for understanding and complying with our reservation & cancellation policies. Your cooperation helps us manage our wait lists and keeps food waste to a minimum!
What to Expect
• Reservations are required for both lunch and dinner at the Cookhouse, and for the Sleep Yurts as well.
• Dinner at the Cookhouse is $95.00 per guest (excluding tax, gratuity, & alcohol).
• Cookhouse dinner guests meet at 5:30 pm, at the Tennessee Pass Nordic Center.
• We accept cash and all major credit cards.
• It is a 1 mile ski, or hike, to the Cookhouse, and it is only a 300 ft elevation gain over that mile.
• The elevation of the Nordic Center is 10,500 ft, and the Cookhouse is 10,800 ft.
• The road to the Cookhouse is a rough, high clearance forest road in the summer, and a wide, smooth, groomed trail in the winter.
• You will need a light hiking boot, or sturdy shoe for the trek to the Cookhouse if you are not skiing. You will need warm and dry clothing as well!
• If you are unable to make the ski/hike to the Cookhouse for some reason, we are happy to provide a ride- jeep in the summer, or snowmobile in winter.
• Trail fee and any necessary rental gear IS INCLUDED with Dinner (not lunch). Headlamps are also provided!
• We seat up to 40 guests at the Cookhouse.
• We do not have a child menu for the Cookhouse.
• The Cookhouse is “off the grid,” heated by woodstove, and lighted by candle and propane lanterns. There is an outhouse, and hand wash at the Cookhouse.
• We cannot allow dogs in the Cookhouse.